Print is a major expense for most companies, ranking third next to rent and payroll. If your printers aren’t operating efficiently you could be spending more on print than you need to.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your printers:
- Read – and keep! – the manual. The manual will give guidance on paper, toner, cleaning, maintenance, and other topics, as well as inform you of security and productivity features that will help your business. Keeping the manual for reference could help avoid expensive service calls down the line.
- Train your employees. Improper use can slow your printer down, or even cause an expensive breakdown. By training your employees, everyone will know how best to use the printer for maximum performance.
- Check the location. The location of a printer is an important factor many people overlook. It should be in a dry area with adequate ventilation. Make sure it’s in a secure location to avoid non-approved users from accessing the device or taking prints off the print tray.
- Use print monitoring. It’s hard to get a grasp on your print costs, efficiency, and productivity without having actual data on how your printers are being used. By activating print monitoring, you can get the full picture of how your printers are being used, so you can make informed decisions about your print environment.
- Turn it off. Even in sleep mode, a printer consumes energy. Turning your printer off when the office is closed helps lower your energy costs, extend the life of your printer, and makes your network more secure by not leaving a common target online.
- Pay attention to upkeep. Periodically clean your printer to clear out dust and paper debris. Be sure everyone knows how to load the paper correctly to help avoid paper jams. Finally, automated toner deliveries can help keep your printer up and running without interruption.
Print is a major part of business, and can be a major expense. By keeping your printers running at peak efficiency, you can get the most use for your money and improve productivity and your bottom line. Give one of our print experts a call and schedule a free, no-obligation print assessment. We’ll provide you with solutions to maximize the efficiency of your print environment!