In today’s connected world, security must be a top priority. However, a recent survey shows that only 39% of companies rank printer security as a priority. This is an unfortunate oversight that cyber-criminals are more than willing to take advantage of.
Ignoring Printer Security Can Be Costly
Printer-Related Data Breach
By the numbers…
53% of IT managers know their printers are vulnerable
64% believe that their printers might become infected with malware
Only 40% are confident in their ability to protect this element of their network
This means that there are many businesses at risk and vulnerable to a print-related data breach.
Preventing a Breach
By implementing security protocols you’ll reduce your risk of a print-related data breach.
We’ll work with you to:
- Encrypt stored data, as well as data traveling to and from the printer
- Securely erase hard drives to minimize what is stored on the printer leaving less for a hacker to steal
- Authenticate user access using a multi-factor approach and pull printing for extra security
- Keep device firmware, security and OS updated
- Use fleet management tools to ensure active security protocols are in place
Printer security is a must for any company concerned about the integrity of their network. By implementing comprehensive security protocols you’ll potentially save your company thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of repairs.
This FREE Guide Includes:
- Shocking Office printing Statistics
- Common Office Printing Challenges
- Office Print Policy Guide