The Benefits of Digital Document Management
How much time do you spend time looking for information? A recent McKinsey report found that employees spend an average of 1.8 hours searching and gathering information each day. That’s 9.3 hours per week!
Today, finding information can be easy. It shouldn’t cost 10 hours of lost productivity every week!
A digital document management system organizes your documents, makes them easier to access, and stores them in a centralized location. By making information easy to find, your team can take the time saved and redirect it toward mission-critical tasks. A document management system is a perfect solution to streamline processes and simplify document search and retrieval.
The Major Benefits of Document Management
Besides the time you’ll save, you’ll enjoy many other benefits when you put a digital document management system in place. Here are a few:
- Centralized Document Management – Digital documents are easy to categorize, store, organize, and dispose of digitally. Files can be searched using keywords, key phrases, categories, or tags.
- Easier Collaboration – Document management systems allow your team to share ideas and collaborate on documents in real-time. This can mean less time spent on projects, making it easier to pass them on to the next team member. Changes are saved, and multiple versions are created to track the document’s journey.
- Enhanced Security – Managed document systems are safe and secure. You can implement access controls so Managers can only allow access to individuals based on need. Modifications and changes are tracked, and audit information is stored in the document history.
- Easy Search and Retrieval – Document management helps streamline the file retrieval process, allowing you to search using various criteria, including keywords, phrases, dates, file numbers, tags, categories, and more. That means no more sorting through piles of paper.
- Improved Sustainability – When you transition from paper to digital, you save a significant amount of paper, toner, and less use of the devices needed to print, scan, and fax paper. The paperless office is a step in the right direction. A document management system is not only more sustainable, but it will also improve cost efficiency.
A document management system is an environmentally friendly way to organize, store, and edit, all types of documents. Ready to learn more? Give us a call and let us show you how a document management system can help you grow your business!