Simple Practices That Will Make You Happier
Sometimes the stress of daily life can have you feeling low. So how can you recharge and turn back toward happiness? We’re all individuals, each with our own version of happy. However, there are some universal practices that you can use to boost your overall happiness – no matter who you are.
Try these simple daily practices to boost your overall happiness!
- Drink Plenty of Water – Hard to believe, but it’s one of the easiest ways to boost your happiness. Studies have shown that people who start the day with a glass of water and then every hour throughout the day have been proven to give you higher energy levels and more positive emotions.
- Meditate – Regular meditation has been shown to increase positivity. Meditation increases general satisfaction with your life, and decreases depression symptoms. Practicing meditation forces you to release negative thoughts, center in the present, and lowers stress.
- Getting Enough Sleep – Getting a proper night’s sleep gives your body time to rejuvenate and keeps your mind clear. In fact, studies have shown that 90 percent of people who consider themselves “perfectly happy” get an average of 7 hours and 6 minutes of sleep every night.
- Exercise – Exercise doesn’t just get you in shape physically, it improves your mental well-being. Just three 20-minute sessions a week can have dramatic effects! In fact, you’ll feel better after a single workout session! Whether it’s going for a jog, taking a brisk walk, or taking a Pilates class, adding exercise to your weekly routine will boost your mood!
- Learn Something New – Taking some time to learn new skills can contribute to your overall happiness. Take a class, or read a book, but try to learn something new every day and you’ll reap the emotional benefits.
- Share Your Knowledge – Teaching someone a new skill has been shown to boost self-confidence and happiness in 63% of adults. If you’ve ever taught someone a new skill, you know the happiness you feel when they understand a new concept thanks to your effort.
While there’s no magic “happiness bullet,” taking simple steps in a mindful way with practices like these can have you well on your way to a happier you!