If you own a business, you’re always looking for ways to make your office run more efficiently, cut costs, and streamline workflows. The most productive offices all share some common elements that not only cut costs but make efficiency the baseline for day-to-day business. With a few changes, you can overhaul your workplace to increase employee morale, make your team more productive and keep your team healthy!
Here are some tips to help you get started!
- The First Step: Assess – Start with a review of your physical space. Take an inventory of equipment and furniture. Ask how often each piece is used, and by whom. Once you’ve gained an understanding of where you currently stand, you can begin to make adjustments in your space to improve efficiency and productivity. Trade-in, sell or recycle any items that are no longer needed.
- Consolidate Hardware – Old hardware can be inefficient and increase costs and create a workflow bottleneck. Personal printers are an expensive strategy. Consolidate your fleet with a shared device. When ergonomically placed, a shared printer can improve workflows. Multifunction devices are a better value that a roomful of scanners, printers and fax machines. Consolidating equipment can lower costs, reduce energy use, save on space and improve productivity.
- Proper Lighting – Proper lighting is important! Whenever possible maximize natural light. It’s free and lowers your costs by reducing energy use. Natural light is easier on the eyes and studies show it increases productivity and employee morale.
- Make it Comfortable – The fact is, comfortable employees are more productive. Arrange your office cubicles for productive comfort. Keep it professional and presentable, but don’t overlook your employee’s comfort.
- Go Digital! – Fewer paper processes increase productivity and improve workflows. Take your legacy files digital and you’ll free up valuable real estate you’re using for file cabinets, and make information easier to find. With the right scanner, it can be done quickly and efficiently.
Ready to become more productive? Give us a call for a free print assessment. We’ll look at your current print environment and workflows, help you to identify gaps and offer solutions to help lower your costs, and make your office run more efficiently!