6 Questions to Ask Your Potential Cloud Service Provider
Finding the right cloud services provider is important. When seeking a partner ask about privacy, security and operational capabilities. Be sure to do your due diligence and ask the right questions to find the perfect partner!
Here are six questions questions to ask that can help you choose the right cloud services provider.
- Where is my data stored? It may be spread across several locations. It’s important to know where and make sure that they meet your goals, needs, and privacy concerns. Knowing where your data is stored can let you accurately understand and assess risk.
- How do I access my information? Your provider should provide an Access Control Policy that grants you unlimited access whenever you need it from whereever you are 24/7/365. Ask how new users are added and authenticated. Because your data is stored off site, make sure you know how to access it when you need it.
- Do they offer maintenance and monitoring? Any provider you work with should use comprehensive monitoring tools. Make sure they will keep applications updated and secure. Monitoring allows your provider to know when your system needs maintenance. Make sure plans include anti-virus, hardware and software protection and security upgrades. Make sure audit trails are available for added security.
- What about two-factor authentication? Security is paramount! Firewalls, data encryption and anti-virus protection may not be enough. Two-factor authentication is much more secure. Password authentication is folowed by a synchronized secure code that is delivered to your smartphone.
- Do they offer disaster recovery plans? Any provider you choose should offer comprehensive disaster recovery for both natural and man-made (i.e. breach) disasters. Make sure they offer multiple location redundant data storage in case an issue arises and that adequate security measures are taken to protect your data.
- What happens if I cancel the service? Sometimes it’s just not a good fit. Make sure you know in advance your provider’s cancellation policies and procedures. Ask if they offer help transferring data to your new provider. Make sure you get everything in writing before you commit.
These six questions can help you make an educated decision. If you already have a provider, the answers to these questions can help you update your agreement. Want to know more? Call us today to start the discussion and let us design the perfect cloud solution for your unique needs.