Exceptional customer service plays a key role in retaining customers, maintaining financial success and growing your business. However, customer service is more than just hiring cheery employees and greeting customers at the door.
Great customer service is personalized. When asked, most business owners would most likely say that’s exactly what they offer, but do they?
Personalized Customer Service and Your Bottom Line
Don’t underestimate the power and value of customer service. A recent report found that 66% of consumers believe that customer service is the biggest motivator for spending with a particular company. The same report found that businesses that focus on providing a stellar customer experience throughout the buying process generate 60% higher profits than their competition.
When a customer walks through the door and receives personalized service, they notice. In fact, another recent study found that 76% of customers believe that customer service is a good indicator of how a business values them. Adding personalized service consistently sets the standard of care that your customers will appreciate.
Consumers have a lot of choices and personalized service can set your business apart from the competition. Studies have shown that 55% of consumers are willing to pay a bit more for a product or service if they receive better customer service throughout the purchasing process and beyond.
Understanding and providing personalized service is the key. Here are some tips that can take you beyond simply “service with a smile.”
- Get to Know Your Customers By Name – This simple gesture can make a real impact, builds trust and relationships.
- Send Handwritten Notes – Have your staff sign birthday cards for your best customers, or send a handwritten note of appreciation to VIPs a few times a year.
- Do Business With Your Customers – If your customers own businesses, frequent their establishments, or use their services. Join your local Chamber of Commerce and network for mutual support.
- Educate Your Customers with Workshops or Demonstrations – Personalized service includes education. Offer your customers demos or workshops to add value.
- Spotlight Customers – Feature your best customers on social media, on your website or in your store. Let them know that they are instrumental in your success!
Personalized customer service is powerful. Use these tips to offer your customers the kind of service that customers will appreciate and respond to and watch your business grow!