In-House or Outsourced IT: Which is Right for You?
Big or small, your company relies on technology to run your day-to-day operations – but supporting and updating all of that technology can be difficult. Most SMBs recognize the value of IT support, but may not be sure whether hiring in-house or outsourcing is the right choice.
There are pros and cons for each. Let’s take a look at both options to help you decide.
Hiring in-house IT support is appealing. When you hire in-house you can expect:
- Unlimited Availability – Having an IT person on staff dedicated to keeping your technology up and running means they’re available to address problem as the arise.
- Immediate Response – Because they’re in the office, problems get addressed immediately. That means less downtime.
- Control – Having a team in-house means you can monitor their work and ensure they are following company protocols.
- Specialization – Over time, your in-house team will learn the ins-and-outs of your business. This knowledge helps them to maximize their effectiveness and focus on tasks aligned with your company goals.
However, hiring in-house is not always the right solution. Along with paying salary and benefits, you’ll need to purchase the tools they need to do the job. While you’ll ultimately own these assets, they could be a significant expense. It also takes time to find the right people for the job, and for them to become familiar with your operation.
Managed IT Services
Outsourcing is a smart solution for many businesses. Managed IT Services offers a number of benefits including:
- Expertise – One benefit is leveraging your providers experience and knowledge. A Managed IT Services provider has worked with a number of businesses across industries giving them a depth of understanding that can help to craft the perfect solution to meet your needs.
- Cost Predictability – Managed IT Services can cost up to 50% less than hiring in-house. Most providers work on a fixed monthly rate making budgeting predictable.
- Tools – A Managed IT Services provider will have the tools they need to do the job, including hardware, software and more. Plus their tools have been proven so you know solutions will work.
Managed IT Services offers expertise and support at an affordable, predictable monthly rate. If you think your company could benefit from outsourcing your IT, give us a call and let us show you how you can reap the benefits of Managed IT Services.